29 November 2013

Weeping Willow

It's been just over a month since my partner moved out and it's been a roller-coaster of emotions.

Most of the days are OK, I get by, but some days are awful. 

Like yesterday, when he accidentally sent me a text message aimed at someone else. Someone who he was informing he had gotten into work with a half hour delay due to traffic and signed it with XXXOOOXXX. 

I queried of course how come there was so much traffic between his boss's home and work (a 5 min drive) and that is how I found this was a dropped message.

Caught him on SKYPE and gave him a bit of my mind. He began his poor me routine (how he's been ill for so long and needed some space and this was not planned...) I told him I didn't care who he screwed around with as long as he didn't screw my daughter's life. Because that is the big issue. Not me, not him, but an 8-year-old who is suffering with depression and it is beginning to show.

Turns out the other woman is a colleague of his... who for some strange reason did not have to be at work yesterday morning. He is shitting where he is eating and that will be his downfall. But that is not my problem.

My problem is my daughter who wakes up each morning and cries over breakfast, saying she doesn't want to go to school, she hates her life and hates growing up.

He asked me what I wanted him to do. I said 'keep in touch with her, ask her how her day has been, what her plans are.' Do I really need to spell it out to him?

He came into our lives like a hurricane and casually walked out 18 months later leaving us in pieces. How can you become a dad to a child who hasn't had the experience of having a dad at home, how can you get the child addicted to bedtime stories and allow her to feel secure and loved and then just rip everything away and throw a black stone behind you?

I have nothing but contempt for a man like this! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home